Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Stencil Poinsettia

Hey, Crafty Peeps!

Thought I would drop in and share an idea!  Have you ever thought about using a stencilled image as though it were a die cut?  I do it a lot on my canvases and I have done it a lot with images created using my "old school" metal stencils but this was the first time I used a plastic stencil.

I think the results are great!   I needed a large Poinsettia and none of my dies were large enough, so I broke out my ColorBox Poinsettia Art Screen and went to work!

I used Neenah Natural White 80lb Laid Cover because the texture is canvas like and works well with chalk inks.  This paper also works well with watercolor


Supplies Used:

Stencil:  ColorBox® Art Screen, Poinsettia!  
Inks:      ColorBox® Paintbox™, Primary Colors - Pigment Inks
              ColorBox® Paintbox™, Chalk Ink - Mercantile
              ColorBox® Pigment Inks: Chamomile, Kismet
              Ann Butler Designs™for ColorBox® Crafts™Ink - Desert Sand
Embossing Folder:  WRMK, Next Level Folder - Butterfly
Tools:   ColorBox® Stylus Tool, Cotton Tipped Swabs
Visit ClearSnap® to see all the wonderful ColorBox products!


I would love to see your projects using a stencil as a die cut!  Some of the intricate stencils might be fun and create some really funky designs!


HUGZ!
CHANA



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Chana. Loving the water colour feeling on the poinsettia flower and the embossing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! We look forward to seeing your submissions to our challenge. Your support of our little challenge is greatly appreciated!

Hugz,
Chana